FT-ETNO Summit 2016: Reform and Progress: The role of telecoms in a digitising world
In 2016, Europe has started a historic reform of its telecoms and digital laws. Against the backdrop of this reform, there is renewed hope that a redefined communications industry will bring more benefits to consumers, attract investment and promote the development of innovative services. As the provider of state of the art networks, telecom operators are uniquely positioned as the gateway to both new technologies and social change.
But as the world globalises and technologies converge, is Europe able to compete against other leading markets, and can it nurture much needed, home-grown innovation?
The FT-ETNO Summit will gather leading policymakers, regulators, industry executives and investors from Europe and beyond to discuss and debate the direction of sector reform proposals, and their impact on the role of telecoms in the rapidly developing communications space.
- Which direction for Europe’s new telecoms and digital laws?
- What is the impact of the digital services on the broader world?
- Can network investment increase long-term consumer welfare?
- How will dramatic changes in technology be translated into policy?
- As technology moves fast, how to make sure we take future-proof decisions?
- Should telecoms be deregulated, or should regulation be extended to internet players? What is impact of effectively regulating internet companies?
- Would harmonising mobile spectrum benefit consumers, operators and investors?
- How do merger control outcomes impact telecoms policy and consumer welfare?
- How well is Europe positioned to create digital companies, or must we rely on global players to come here?
You may follow this event on twitter via the #FTETNO hashtag.
SQUARE Brussels Meeting Centre
rue Mont des Arts