The State of Digital Communications
Ideas, facts and figures on the sector – powered by ETNO with Analysys Mason
31 January 2019, 16.00 - 19.30, Panoramique Hall @ The Square, Entrance on Rue Coudenberg, Brussels
Digital platforms, Artificial intelligence, industry 4.0 and IoT have entered the political debate as enablers of fresh socio-economic growth. At the same time, leaders are facing the challenge to stay at par with fast-paced technological change.
As 5G and fibre are about to enable a whole new standard of smart communications, come get the latest on the technological and political debate around digital communications and how to ensure they transform our lives for the better.
• Gordon Sondland, U.S. Ambassador to the EU*
• Gabriela Styf Sjöman, Vice President, Head of Network Systems and Delivery,
• Patrick Waldemar, Vice President, Head of Next Generation Network Technology,
• Herbert Mittermayr, Partner, Bell Labs Nokia
• Malte Lohan, Director General, Orgalime
• Phillip Malloch, Executive Chairman, ETNO
• Danielle Jacobs, Chair of the Board, INTUG
• Rupert Wood, Research Director, Analysys Mason
• Lise Fuhr, Director General, ETNO
*To be confirmed
16.00 - 16.10 — Welcome and introduction by ETNO
16.10 - 17.00 — Keynote & Fireside Chat: A global political agenda for digital communications
Digital communications empower socio-economic growth and the transformation of our economic fabric. At the same time, new technologies create both new opportunities and challenges for society. We will discuss how leaders in Europe and the US are tackling these issues and which vision should inspire the new European Parliament and European Commission mandate starting in 2019.
17.00 - 17.15 — The State of Digital Communications
17.15 - 18.15 — 5G, IoT and AI: what will empower users in 2020?
How will telecom services look like in 2020? What does 5G have to do with Artificial Intelligence? Which new services should users expect? We will discuss this with top industry figures who will unveil the latest trends and plans of the industry.
18.15 - 19.30 — Digital Drinks
The research has been conducted for ETNO by Analysys Mason.
Apply to attend here.