Europe's 5G Future - Powering The IIoT Revolution
As the world prepares for a 5G future, the internet of things is about to become a reality. And with that comes a huge opportunity for the European Union, where advanced industries will be the first to make the leap toward fully automated factories, AI-controlled processes, complex supply chain management and hyper-fast product delivery.
- Is the digital transformation a way for Europe’s industry to boost its competitiveness and lead on the global stage?
- How can companies that have invested to develop world-beating manufacturing tools protect their highly connected networks from penetration and industrial espionage?
- How can Europe’s industrial champions ensure that the networks to which they connect their factories of the future are secure from spying by corporate rivals or state-backed entities?
All of these questions are clear and present as Europe prepares for the rollout of the high-speed 5G networks that will make IoT possible. This event will bring together top industry executives and policymakers to examine how Europe should lay the groundwork for an IoT future and how IoT is changing industry and manufacturing as we know it.
Time: 3 September, from 12:15PM
Venue: The Office (Rue d'Arlon 80, 1000 Bruxelles)
- 12:15 PM Registration and Networking Lunch
- 1:00 PM Welcome Remarks by POLITICO’s moderator
- 1:05 PM Introductory Remarks by Lise Fuhr, ETNO Director General
- 1:10 PM Panel Discussion
- Angelika Niebler, Member of the European Parliament (EPP, Germany)
- Pearse O’Donohue, Director for Future Networks, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Henri Korpi, Executive Vice President, Elisa
- Malte Lohan, Director General, Orgalim
The panel discussion will be moderated by Laurens Cerulus, POLITICO's Senior Policy Reporter
- 2:00 PM Closing Remarks followed by Networking Reception
For more information, please contact the POLITICO Events team by email at email@example.com.
Photography and filming — There will be photography and/or filming at this event and your image may be captured by us and used for our business and promotional purposes in print or on our website. By registering for the event you are giving us permission to use your image in this way. If you have any queries about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.