In 2015, this Working Group (WG) will focus on the reform of the EU policy framework for telecommunications and the Internet and will seek to promote a timely and comprehensive reform of the EU electronic communications framework.
Key actions include achieving:
- One framework for today's e-communications services and Internet-based services with common rules and obligations
- Equitable rules on an Open Internet covering the entire Internet Value chain (on openness, inter-operability et al.)
- Reform of EU regime for network access to radically reduce regulatory and administrative burdens and create a level playing field between different platforms
Working Group structure
ETNO WGs are the engine of the Association. The bottom-up approach when formulating ETNO position papers ensures that all ETNO member interests are captured. The Digital Infrastructure WG is organised as follows:
- Chair: Wim De Rynck, Head of regulatory markets & developments, Proximus Group - wim.de.rynck(at)proximus(dot)com
- Vice-Chairs: Manuel Braga, Deutsche Telekom; Volcy Lesca, Orange
Latest Position Papers
ETNO stands ready to support a positive implementation of the Electronic Communications Code
Brussels, Strasbourg, 14 November 2018 – The European Parliament will hold today a plenary debate and vote on the European Electronic Communications Code (the Code). This brings Europe one step closer to the formal approval of the new legislative framework that will regulate the telecom sector for years to come.
ETNO believes the Electronic Communications Code is a missed opportunity
Brussels, 6 June 2018 – ETNO, the Association representing Europe’s leading telecom operators, believes that the Electronic Communications Code (the Code) represented a once in a decade chance to simplify and improve the EU rules for the sector in the interest of European citizens and businesses. This opportunity has been missed. The Code will not ignite the much needed rush to invest in 5G and fibre networks and it will add complexity to an already burdensome system.