NEXT Berlin - Start-up Pitch 2013 with Telekom's incubator hub:raum Enter the big stage! Application starts now!
- Start-ups from around Europe to pitch their promising ideas at NEXT Berlin conference
- Deutsche Telekom’s incubator hub:raum will support NEXT13 as host of the start-up track
- Pitch winner will receive international attention and a valuable prize package
Who’s got the verve and the nerve for the big stage? At NEXT Berlin start-ups from all around Europe will get a chance to pitch their innovative ideas live on stage at the Berliner Congress Center - bcc. Applications for the international pitch start today at nextberlin.eu/startups and will run until March 8, 2013. The community can push applicants to the next round by voting for their favourites. Voting will start on February 25 and end on March 29. A jury of experts will then select the 12 finalists from the community’s top 30. Experts from hub:raum, serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and media representatives will be among the jury.
The finalists will get the chance to present their visions and business models live on the NEXT Start-up Stage. This year NEXT Berlin will put an even greater focus on Europe’s entrepreneurial scene. After last year’s success, Deutsche Telekom and its incubator hub:raum will again host the start-up track, this time on both conference days. The first day will be dedicated to topics especially relevant for start-ups. The second day will be reserved for the pitches, with Hermione Way (Newspepper, TNW) leading the programme as host.
The winner will receive a start-up pitch package put together by hub:raum and SinnerSchrader. This will contain valuable services like a mentoring programme, together with a cash prize, that will help the winner on its way to further success.
Who can participate? Start-ups will have to meet these requirements to pitch at NEXT13:
- Their business idea is a solution to a real user problem and has large market potential.
- They are planning their business activities in Europe.
- They are a team of at least two founders.
- Their company was founded within the last year.
- They are currently looking for a seed funding to a max. of € 500.000
- The company's sector is: internet ecosystem, digital media or telecommunications.
Start-ups in the area 'Connected Living/ Home' will also be able to apply for the NEXT Special Award.
Information on NEXT Berlin, videos of last year's competitors and winners and the NEXT blog about current trends in the digital world can be found at nextberlin.eu.