Orange opens its 4G network to the mass market, extending coverage to 15 “agglomerations”, including 50 towns
- Network coverage extended to include15 “agglomerations” (cities and surrounding urban centres), including 50 towns, as well as the 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th districts of Paris
- Orange is currently the only operator to provide theoretical maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbit/s with a compatible terminal(1)
- A simpler and more attractive range with very high-speed mobile broadband from €30.90/month(2) with Origami Play 4G/H+
- Specific services and content with all 4G/H+ offers
- Nine 4G offers for businesses and professionals
Orange is extending its 4G network, and announces additional cities for June 2013
Orange was already the first operator in France to introduce a commercial offer following the launch of its 4G network in Marseille in June 2012, and in Lyon, Nantes and Lille in November 2012. From 4 April, Orange will now open its 4G network in ten new cities and surrounding areas (Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Chartres, Orléans, Dunkerque, Nancy, Metz, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble and Annecy). In addition, following the launch of 4G in the Paris Opéra area on 28 January, Orange is now extending its network from 4 April to the city's 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th districts.
From June 2013, Orange will launch 4G in 21 additional “agglomerations”, including Montpellier, Rennes, Pau, Poitiers and Mulhouse; Toulouse will follow by the summer.
with 4G, Orange confirms its mobile network leadership
Orange already has the fastest H+ network according to the ARCEP report published in November 2012(3), and currently offers coverage for 65% of the French population.
Orange mobile users can now consult the website treshautdebit.orange.fr to compare broadband speeds of the 3G+, H+ and 4G networks.
To make the most of 4G, Orange is launching a new range of offers for the general public, and nine offers for businesses and professionals.
Orange is simplifying its Origami range and opening it to 4G on 4 April
4G/H+(4) access is included in all Origami Jet offers with no additional fees. It is also included with the new Origami Play offer for a supplement of €10 a month on top of the 3G+ offer.
To help drive the movement to 4G, all customers who subscribe to these new offers before 31 December 2013 will benefit from a special newcomers' offer and will pay a supplement of just €1 a month instead of €10 to access the new network. This means they will be able to enjoy Origami Play 4G/H+ from €30.90/month(2 and 5).
4G/H+ is also available in the Open Up and Top offers with no extra premium from €59.90 /month(6) and on Let’s go from €29.90 /month(6) to enjoy the best of 4G on your tablet.
All Orange 4G/H+ offers include the following special services and content:
- the multi-SIM option(7) that allows customers to use their mobile broadband subscription for both their smartphone and tablet,
- Orange Cloud(8) that allows customers to store photos, videos and documents online, and to enjoy 100Mb of secure storage space,
- Orange TV in high definition, with 70 channels,
- Exclusive access to all Ligue 1 football matches (9) free of charge for all 4G subscribers until 31 May 2014,
- Orange Deezer premium+(10)
access to a wider range of the latest 4G/H+ handsets from €1
The range of 4G/H+ devices is being extended in April to include ten 4G/H+ smartphones, a tablet and a domino (see www.orange.fr for more information on the complete product range). By the end of 2013, half the devices on offer at Orange will be 4G/H+ compatible.
new 4G offers for professional customers and businesses
Orange was the first operator in France to market a 4G offer for professional and corporate customers. To support the growth of use of very high-speed mobile broadband (videoconferencing, collaborative tools, remote access of workstations and company applications) in businesses, Orange Business Services is developing and enhancing nine of its mobile, tablet and Business Everywhere (dongle) offers. Orange Business Services now offers voice and 4G data packages for professionals from €49 a month before tax with a 24-month commitment.
For more details on these offers, click on the following link: www.orange-business.com/fr/4G
A series of online video interview are available in French:
- Delphine Ernotte Cunci, Deputy CEO, Orange France, www.dailymotion.com/video/xyp6j4
- Alice Holzman, Director of Marketing for Orange France, www.dailymotion.com/video/xyp6jf
- David Eberle, Executive Vice President of Samsung France, and David Mignot, CEO of Sony Mobile France, www.dailymotion.com/video/xyp6j7
- Simon Baldeyrou, CEO of Deezer France, www.dailymotion.com/video/xyp6f8
(1) maximum theoretical bandwidth with a category 4 LTE device. First smartphone available from the 2nd quarter of 2013.
(2) with a 12-month contract, keeping your mobile.
(3) results recorded by ARCEP for tests to download a 5Mb file carried out in towns of over 10,000 inhabitants with an iPad 3.
(4) 4G/H+ with compatible device. Only in zones currently covered by the requisite technical infrastructure. Coverage available on orange.fr. For 4G : Paris – Opéra area, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Bordeaux, Nantes, Chartres, Orléans, La Rochelle, Dunkerque, Nancy, Metz, Grenoble, Clermont-Ferrand and Annecy.
(5) offer valid from 04/04/2013 to 31/12/2013 for all subscriptions to Origami Play 2Go.
(6) on a 12-month contract.
(7) option available on request (with a €5 configuration fee) to share a mobile broadband connection with a 2nd device as well as certain services included in the offer thanks to a 2nd built-in SIM card (excluding voice, SMS, MMS, … detailed list available on orange.fr).
(8) storage space can be accessed from your mobile, tablet or PC with an internet or mobile broadband connection.
(9) then €5/month option or €3/month for the Pass Ligue. Must download the latest version of the application (connection costs vary according to offers).
(10) service accessible on devices compatible with the application (download deducted from subscription). Specific conditions and list of compatible devices on orange.fr outside the Let’s Go offer.