Press release: Orange Graduate Programme recruits its 2013 promotion and focuses on customer related jobs
The 12th Orange Graduate Programme edition is introducing new programme features to its recently graduated recruits.
Created in 2002, the Orange Graduate Programme is an international program designed to attract, recruit, develop and retain high-potential young graduates from the world’s best schools (master’s degree in engineering and/or business). It also prepares the Group’s future by helping to recruit Orange’s future top-tier executives and offering them the opportunity to evolve quickly towards a variety of positions with a high level of responsibility.
For the entering class of 2013. the programme is presenting a new format. It will now offer recently graduated recruits on-the-job experience centred on the fundamentals of the Group’s culture: the customer experience firstly, along with its managerial culture and international exposure. So they can acquire an excellent knowledge base and the key skills they need to advance quickly within the Group.
The Orange Graduate Programme is a three-year customized career-path (versus five years previously) including:
- a common path: one year of initial on-the-job experience that is customer-oriented and/or managerial in nature;
- a diversified path: a second position chosen by the young talent from among all of the Group’s entities and businesses;
- a collective development plan: induction seminar, closing workshop, program-specific managerial training and annual meetings;
- an individual follow up to the third job.
This year, nearly 2,000 candidates meeting the programme’s eligibility criteria filed applications online at www.orange.jobs/graduateprogramme.
The selection process unfolded in a series of stages and identified the 84 best candidates, who were invited to take part in a day of assessment on April 9th.
At the end of the day, the 25 top candidates have received employment offers from Orange.
The 2013 recruits will join the Group on October 1st , 2013. Representing seven different nationalities, these recruits are representative of the Group's diversity and development challenges:
- 56% of the candidates hired are women,
- 52% have an engineering profile,
- 48% have a business profile,
- 36% are other nationality than french, and
- 32% are or were interns or apprentices within the Group.
about the Orange Graduate Programme
The programme’s main lines of action are integration, individual follow up, and development:
- attractive compensation package
- days devoted to induction and an introduction to the Group
- tutoring by an Orange Graduate from a previous year
Individual follow up:
- personalized career advice
- mentoring by a top-tier executive
- visibility as part of the Group’s Talent Management plan
- a salary plan, specific to the Orange Graduate Programme
a few figures since the programme’s creation (data at end-2012):
561 young talents recruited
19 host countries
35% are other nationality than french
60% graduated from an engineering school (vs. business)
41% are women
40% work or have worked in a country other than their own
For more information about the Orange Graduate Programme, join us at www.orange.jobs/graduateprogramme