Europe’s Internet Ecosystem: Is Everybody Contributing Their Fair Share?
16 May, 10:15 - 12:00pm CET, Sofitel Brussels Europe & online
In partnership with MLEX Market Insight
Event live from 10:15am CET, registrations and coffee from 9:45am CET
Video recording of the event:
The European Commission has set fresh EU Digital Decade Targets for the period 2020-2030. Full 5G and FTTH “connectivity for everyone” is the pivot towards all the other targets: from the digital transformation of businesses to digital public services, empowering the twin green/digital transition and boosting ICT skills.
In this context, the Commission has also launched the European Declaration on Digital Rights and Principles for the Digital Decade, and has specifically called for “developing adequate frameworks so that all market actors benefiting from the digital transformation assume their social responsibilities and make a fair and proportionate contribution to the costs of public goods, services and infrastructures, for the benefit of all Europeans”.
During this event, we will explore the following questions: is the EU on track to achieve its connectivity targets? How do we compare to global peers? How are different market actors contributing to the roll-out of 5G and FTTH? How are network costs distributed across the digital value chain? What about the financial – and environmental – sustainability of Europe’s internet ecosystem?
[09:45 – 10:15] Registration & Coffee
[10:15 – 10:20] Welcome
- Lise Fuhr, Director General, ETNO
[10:20 – 10:30] Panel Kickstarter
- Alfons Oliver Altés, Partner, Axon Consulting
[10:30 – 11:45] Panel Discussion
- Rita Wezenbeek, Director Connectivity, DG Connect, European Commission
- Konstantinos Masselos, Vice-Chair, BEREC
- Christian Borggreen, VP & Head of Office, CCIA Europe
- Wolfgang Kopf, Senior VP for Group Public and Regulatory Affairs, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Dimitri Kallinis, Managing Partner, Axon Consulting
Event moderated by Lewis Crofts, Editor-in-Chief, MLEX Market Insight
The event follows the latest Axon Partners Group report for ETNO and will provide the opportunity to discuss its findings.
Registrations for in-person attendees are now closed. You can join us online, here below the details:
- Link to connect via Zoom (here)
Join by phone: find international numbers here
Webinar ID: 853 6212 5588
- Q&A: we encourage participants to participate in the talks. Ask your questions to the speakers via the Q&A section in Zoom and our moderator pass them on
- Join the Twitter discussion by using the hashtag #EUInternetEcosystem and tag us at @ETNOAssociation
Telecom Insights Week
This event is part of the “Telecom Insights Week”. On 18 May do not miss the event “The Internet Value Chain: Latest Numbers, Current Dynamics and Future Trends” organised by GSMA.